Sunday, November 6, 2011

Round two for the day

I've gotten a little behind so I'm trying to catch up a bit!

I just finished another etching, this one has taken me a good deal of time just because my first attempt wasn't successful.

I wanted to try linoleum, so I had the image down and was carving away but it was SO tough! The material was dry and hardened and made it almost impossible to cut smoothly.

I finally had to give up after several cuts from my lino tools and not enough time to get the project completed before I started another one.

So, I chose Sintra, the same material I used for the tentacle porthole, and managed to get a very quick and a little too rough of a print made.










It's easy to wipe too much ink off before it gets printed and that's my problem with the rope in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment