Monday, November 14, 2011

Sea Postcards: Part 1

The Indian Ocean

Manatee

:)

So this was my first time using copper:

The first thing I did was have my image on tracing paper, then used Hard Ground liquid to coat my plate (the black stuff), and then pressed my tracing paper into it for it to transfer.


Then I used my little etching tool and went to work on just barely getting the hard ground scraped off to show what I wanted to etch.

 Then into the acid bath my little manatee went, and 20 minutes later he was almost ready!


Since he was properly etched, I took off the hard ground and he was ready to be inked up and printed!

This first one has more grays in the background and the manatee, which give it a little more depth

And this one is mostly wiped away so that only the etched areas got ink.

I'm really happy with how they turned out! I definitely have more to print before 
I get it right for an edition.


No comments:

Post a Comment